This wonderful lady is Allyson. I am so pleased and grateful to announce that she is still the Blue Sky Ranch CSA delivery driver. Even after all these years. Aside from being an accomplished scientist, San Dieg Zoo volunteer, beer brewer, event organizer, avid traveling, multiple cat owning, wonderfully nerdy person she also comes out to the ranch and picks up CSA boxes every Saturday morning and delivers them to the pick up locations. She has such a cool story. I am so happy to be a part of it!
Here is the list:
Half a purple cabbage
Baba Ghanoush Can enjoyed whether you like eggplant or not because it brings out the best of this vegetable without the “sliminess” that turns some people off of eggplant. I personally like to put a few roasted bell peppers in before blending. We tried some fresh tarragon, chopped up fine, as a garnish. Instead of parsley. Very nice
Grilled Green Beans
- Put green beans on a sheet of aluminum foil large enough to fold and seal. You may need to fold two sheets together.
- Note: I also use one sheet of foil to set the pouch on. This way if any liquid seeps out or it pulls apart it doesn’t leave a mess.
- Drizzle olive oil over the beans.
- Add minced garlic and crushed red pepper, salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss green beans with tongs until well coated.
- Add water and fold aluminum foil together at the top and pinch the sides closed.
- Cook green bean pouch on the grill.
- Notes: When I put my main dish on the grill I open the beans and toss with tongs. If all the water is gone, add a little more, reseal and move to top rack. If I lift the grill lid to flip main dish I usually give the pouch a shake.