Here is the list
large bunch of multi color beets
large green onions
a couple sprigs of basil
rouge d hiver lettuce “I call it red romaine”
bag of spinach and broccoli
red storage onion
bunch of kale
cara cara oranges
ruby red grapefruit
a few lemons
bunch of lavender
The CSA boxes are damp today. I am sure you can guess why!
You might want to bring along a towel or a trash bag.
Sorry, I know this is a farm site, but the weather and animals were just so distracting yesterday
Rain? Bring it on!
Does this picture remind you of an upcoming holiday? Starts with an E?
Roasted Colorful Beet Salad
- 8 oz. mixed organic salad greens, spinach, basil
- handful of beets, roasted and diced
- 2 navel oranges, sliced and peeled
- 1/2 c walnuts, roasted and chopped
- 4 oz. light crumbled feta cheese
- raspberry vinaigrette, to taste
- coconut oil spray
- sprig of lavender for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Wash and cut off beet greens and save in a separate bowl
- Place beets on a casserole dish, spray with coconut oil
- Cover and bake for 1 hour or until you can slice beets without resistance
- Meanwhile, on a nonstick cookie sheet spread out walnuts and spray with coconut oil and place in oven with beets for 6 minutes until brown and toasted
- Once beets are cooked, place in cold water and remove skin
- Dice beets and toss with the remaining ingredients