(1 extra large wrap or use skewers to serve!)
1 small peach, sliced
1/2 avocado, sliced
handful of fresh basil leaves, shredded or chopped
balsamic dressing (below)
splash of lemon juice (optional)
additional greens/veggies/salad (optional)
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar (thick /aged is my favorite)
pinch of salt
pinch of fine black pepper
1 tsp Dijon mustard AND/OR 1 Tbsp chopped onion (for added flavor depth)
optional: chopped herbs or additional spices
1. Prep your peaches and avocado – toss together with an optional splash of lemon or orange juice. set aside.
2. Blend your dressing in a food processor or blender or mini chop blender. You can also double or triple the recipe and save some dressing for later – store in the fridge.
3. Warm wrap on stove top. I use a gas burner and simply heat the wrap over an open flame for about 5-10 seconds on each side. Be careful using this method! Make sure the wrap doesn’t catch on fire. A few charred bubbly edges is OK and tasty. You can also warm in the microwave or oven.
4. Toss your peaches, basil and avocado with a splash of dressing. Fill wrap. Add another drizzle of dressing if desired. But just a little goes a long way! Also add any additional veggies for a heartier salad-style wrap. (You may have leftover dressing fyi).
5. Roll wrap. Allow wrap to cool and “set” before slicing or it has a tendency to fall apart a bit due to the slick contents. … A handful of fluffy greens stuffed into the wrap would probably remedy this.