spring lettuce mix
Leek and Mushroom Risotto recipe
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 leeks, cleaned, green light green part finely chopped
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup chopped button mushrooms
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
¾ cup Arborio rice
¼ cup white wine
3 cups chicken broth
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add leeks, onions, and garlic; cook until softened and lightly browned, 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms and cook until softened and liquid has cooked out, 4 to 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper and stir.
2. Add rice to pot and stir to coat; cook 3 minutes, stirring. Add wine and cook until liquid evaporates, 6 to 7 minutes.
3. Add broth ¼ cup at a time, and bring heat to a gentle simmer. Allow each increment of liquid to be absorbed before adding the next, stirring occasionally. The entire process will take up to 45 minutes. When rice is sticky, smooth, and slightly al dente, remove from heat. Add cheese, stir to mix, and serve immediately.
Grilled Peaches Over Vanilla Ice Cream
Ice cream/ Frozen yogurt
1. Wash the peaches (nectarines are also good but peaches cook nicer because they tend to be juicier).
2. Cut the peaches in halves. It might be easier just to cut on both sides of the pit instead of around it, so you have a flat side to set on the grill.
3. Add some lemon juice and honey into a small dish.
4. Dip the flat faces of the peaches in the lemon/honey mixture. And Set aside.
5. Bring the peaches to the BBQ and set them flat face down on the grill. (you may need to clean the grill first if there is any salmon drippings).
6. Once the peaches have char-lines on them, then they are ready to flip over. You can check, and eventually take them off using a spatuala.
7. Once they are flipped, sprinkle some brown sugar on the flat sides that are now facing up. (At this time of year some times the peaches need a bit sweetening up).
8. Once the brown sugar has melted, you can now remove the peaches from the grill.
9. Place them in a bowl and serve with some vanilla ice cream, or frozen yogurt.